There are newer employer reviews for SunGard

If you like top heavy companies SunGard is for you.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ

I worked at SunGard

Pros

Salaries are competitive with others in the industry

Cons

Too much management not enough support staff. Hundreds of rules for support staff, none for management. Management isn't looking to fix issues, just to make sure they have someone to blame for the issues. They are poor communicators, and always deny knowledge of any bad situations even if they did know about them previously.

Get your head out of the sand and retain talented employees, not your useless neighbors and cronies.

270 Other Employee Reviews for SunGard (View Most Recent)

Fragmented consulting practice

Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at SunGard

Pros

The unit I worked in had lots of bright people who cared a lot about their work- but started to slide downhill soon after I joined. People were more than willing to lend a hand and teach, and quite fun to be around.

Cons

Attrition was significant during the time I was there. People (including myself) left for greener pastures, on the whole, so I've got to think that the Sungard experience was solid as a stepping stone.

The company, during my time there and as far as I could see, was an amalgam of separate, small business units who didn't communicate much even though they worked on similar things.

Paying below-market wage contributed to attrition, as did a promotion/bonus system that was not transparent. Since I've left, I think progress has been made in the business unit I was with towards working with other parts of the firm.

Unethical and Incompetent Management at SIMS

Former Employee - Project Manager in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Lombard, IL

I worked at SunGard

Pros

A handful of quality employees remain. They were somehow sucked in and are disillusioned enough to stay in an effort to somehow make it better. But they will be hitting a wall as long as completely incompetent and unethical mgmt walk the halls.

Cons

Management across the board are unbelievably incompetent. They have zero software industry knowledge and it shows in every breath they take. They bank on the fact that it would cost millions for a client to migrate to a competing product, so all development is half ass at best. Thousands of serious software bugs that are closed as soon as they are logged citing 'no interest', 'no resources'. As though they were never recreated, and never existed. No upfront analysis by experienced BAs No detailed code models. Zip. Run from this company - it will ruin you forever.

Please resign and move on to something, anything you may be good at in another industry. Clients would leave in droves if they knew how unethical you are. That the corrupt software is a direct reflection of your inability to understand the software industry - and how to run a legitamate financial services company with integrity.

There are newer employer reviews for SunGard