There are newer employer reviews for SunGard

If you like top heavy companies SunGard is for you.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ

I worked at SunGard

Pros

Salaries are competitive with others in the industry

Cons

Too much management not enough support staff. Hundreds of rules for support staff, none for management. Management isn't looking to fix issues, just to make sure they have someone to blame for the issues. They are poor communicators, and always deny knowledge of any bad situations even if they did know about them previously.

Advice to Management

Get your head out of the sand and retain talented employees, not your useless neighbors and cronies.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

SunGard VPM - In general a good place to work, but has some downsides.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I have been working at SunGard

Pros

1) As a financial company, bonuses can be quite nice. It compliments the annual holiday party and company picnic (expenses paid day at Hershey Park). 2) With a very streamlined HR department, the benefits are attractive. 3) Tons of knowledgeable people in finance

Cons

1) It's a bunch of smaller 'companies' working together, lacking on synergy. 2) Difficult to find organization charts and structure - I don't know who my boss' boss is. 3) Lack of meaning to a person's title 4) In general, my impression is that salaries for employees are on the lower end

Advice to Management

Listen better to the people 'in the trenches'

2. Fragmented consulting practice

Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at SunGard

Pros

The unit I worked in had lots of bright people who cared a lot about their work- but started to slide downhill soon after I joined. People were more than willing to lend a hand and teach, and quite fun to be around.

Cons

Attrition was significant during the time I was there. People (including myself) left for greener pastures, on the whole, so I've got to think that the Sungard experience was solid as a stepping stone. The company, during my time there and as far as I could see, was an amalgam of separate, small business units who didn't communicate much even though they worked on similar things.

Advice to Management

Paying below-market wage contributed to attrition, as did a promotion/bonus system that was not transparent. Since I've left, I think progress has been made in the business unit I was with towards working with other parts of the firm.