SunGard
www.sungard.com Wayne, PA 5000+ Employees

Company in transition

Global Director (Current Employee)
Wayne, PA

I have been working at SunGard

ProsLiked the people I worked with.

ConsSunGard is owned by large private equity companies. Their focus right now is cost reduction, even if it means cutting essential services, especially in the finance and accounting area. They are also an aggressive outsourcing company, moving many jobs to India.

Advice to Senior ManagementUntil the 'liquidity event" happens, which will probably be in 2012, there is not much they can do. Cutting costs doesn't mean you get a better product or better information.

It is OK, but not great.

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Wayne, PA

I have been working at SunGard

Pros: The working environment is good and the benefit is sort of acceptable.… Cons: Growth opportunity is limited. Management doe not really have clear vision for the employee. Sometime feels like management does not want to see you grow.… Advice to Senior Management: I believe employees should be rewarded when they are loyal to the company and do good work. If someone is not qualified for the next… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Addicted to Layoffs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Birmingham, AL

I worked at SunGard

Pros: Great for management at a certain level. Anything is forgiven.… Cons: New startup from 2006 out of managements area of knowledge. Bungled badly so dissolved… Advice to Senior Management: Don't start a new business area unless you get the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SunGard.

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunGard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SunGard CEO Russell P. (Russ) Fradin. All reviews posted anonymously by SunGard employees.