SunPower (San Jose, CA)

www.sunpowercorp.com
  www.sunpowercorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for SunPower (San Jose, CA)

My experience has been great

Current Employee - Director
Current Employee - Director

I have been working at SunPower (San Jose, CA)

Pros

Great company to work for if you are interested in green tech

Cons

Sr Leadership needs better direction and skill set

Listen to the employees more

75 Other Employee Reviews for SunPower (San Jose, CA) (View Most Recent)

Work 'til you drop

I worked at SunPower (San Jose, CA)

Pros

Some may find that this institution provides a solar notch on one's resume, but this notch comes with a heavy toll. A honeymoon phase will most likely occur during your first 2 months if you are based in the Richmond office as the aesthetics are quite fabulous, but remember that this is just the building, not the business. Your peers will be nice (but be forewarned about management which will in fact dictate your job satisfaction).

Cons

I would highly recommend that you steer clear of the North American Commercial, California group. This group is plagued with poor leadership which does not uphold the values of the company, let alone, the fundamentals of a work environment. On a recent HR survey, on of their largest concerns was that employees reported that they would most likely not stay beyond 12 months, when I thought I was alone, I was in fact in a sea of many. Upper management seems to provide a venue for weak middle management to treat their subordinates extremely poorly.

This is the most unorganized institution for which I shall ever hope to work. Chaos runs deep in this organization. You will spend more time looking for something or trying to find someone than you will actually spend doing your job. If you are a year or two out of a top ten graduate school, despite being very qualified and talented, you will serve as an overpaid admin for your group. Someone less intelligent than you are will probably have you at their beckon call. Despite having a lot of smart people who work here, everyone is kept so busy, that no one is really effective. I would say that the company is a year away from the word getting out that SunPower is losing its once golden touch. MBAs were leaving in droves seeking companies which would allow them to learn and be challenged instead of be the in-house kinkos guy. Long hours will be expected and with little to no thanks. The hours will get progressively longer which each month you spend there. This company is highly understaffed at every single level and department. This company fires and hires like it is the core of its business. Don't fall into the contractor trap, it is unlikely that they will honor a full-time hire.

Good luck out there, but don't come to SunPower in hopes of something stable or rewarding. I wish that someone had told me that before I went down this road to nowhere avenue.

It seems as though the best leave and the weakest stay. Do more to show your top employees that you appreciate them, it is sometimes worth more than the money you pay them.

good

I have been working at SunPower (San Jose, CA)

Pros

very pleasant and exciting experience working with them

Cons

busy, time consuming, demanding and heavy work load

There are newer employer reviews for SunPower (San Jose, CA)