SunTrust

www.suntrust.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust

Somewhat loyal when it benefits company

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at SunTrust

Pros

Benefits, Salary (depending on mgr), workplace

Cons

Senior mgmt doesn't listen to their support staff.

The people that interface with customers should be given some time to voice their concerns.

952 Other Employee Reviews for SunTrust (View Most Recent)

Makes me strive to do much better than this place.

Current Employee - Teller III in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Teller III in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SunTrust

Pros

The pay at SunTrust is much greater than the other banking jobs that I've held.

Cons

In my particular branch, it seems like the management staff is constantly trying to put you down and not effectively coaching staff to ensure that everyone is fully knowledgeable on SunTrust as a whole and on products and services. Although I've worked at a couple of other banks before, each bank has a different way of doing things and you would think that there would be adequate training to know how SunTrust operates. I am often left to try to find answers to questions on the internal website, which I might add is not organized at all, since the staff does not care to help at all.
    The system that we use for our transactions, BancStar, is extremely old and out of date. WaMu before it was converted over to Chase had a better operating system and even that was pretty out of date.

The staff is what will make your branch profitable and generate positive results. If you ignore them, offer no help, and constantly put them down, then the employees will be in no mood to want to do well and your branch will suffer. Also, please treat your part-time and peak-time tellers better. Although they are not there all day and only a few days a week, they are a crucial part of the operation.

No career path, good if you have reached where you want to be in career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SunTrust

Pros

Flexible work arrangements, allow working remotely.
    Generous vacation days
    Status quo is the norm, overly laid back.
    Good place to be if you have no aspirations and just waiting out retirement and don't want to be challenged.

Cons

Cronyism, non-merit based promotion is the norm. Poor leadership/management. No career path. Need to get comp coming in. Typically hire external talent over internal talent. Does not groom or prepare/grow internal talent for promotions (cronys).

Put action behind your words/rhetoric. It's past time to clean house of all the ineffective and zero value add senior management (which is most of you).

There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust