The thrill is gone!

Current Employee - Manager in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teamwork, benefits, culture up until a few mths ago.

Cons

The Culture has dramatically changed in the past few months. Both employees and clients are experiencing the no common sense of direction. Top performers most certainly will seek other opportunities and poor performers will stay around as long as possible. Leadership is taking the company down the path of B of A and Citibank. What a shame!!!

Advice to Management

Take a strong look at top retail management. Processes are now more important than results. What do the shareholders think of this new focus? It is sure to negatively impact the strength of the company long term.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Ovearll SunTrust is a good place to work from a work/life balance perspective however; compensation can be improved.

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SunTrust full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Centrally located in the downtown area. The company offers some work from home ability depending on the department.

Cons

The company does not seem to invest as much in it's employees; salaries in general are low paying. Be sure to get the salary you want to earn up front.

Had to quit because manager is clueless

Former Employee - Wilshire Branch in Peachtree City, GA
    Former Employee - Wilshire Branch in Peachtree City, GA

I worked at SunTrust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

Only worked there for about three months. I could not work for the manager. She micromanaged and talked about every client when they left the building. I could not do my job with her over my shoulder. She gave out wrong information all the time and insisted it was right. We had to explain to the angry clients how the product worked.

Advice to Management

Make sure your managers can use a computer and know the product information. Also that they actually stay in the branch for the entire day. Do you know about the fee refunds to her friends and family?