There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust

Had to quit because manager is clueless

Former Employee - Wilshire Branch  in  Peachtree City, GA
Former Employee - Wilshire Branch in Peachtree City, GA

I worked at SunTrust full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

Only worked there for about three months. I could not work for the manager. She micromanaged and talked about every client when they left the building. I could not do my job with her over my shoulder. She gave out wrong information all the time and insisted it was right. We had to explain to the angry clients how the product worked.

Make sure your managers can use a computer and know the product information. Also that they actually stay in the branch for the entire day. Do you know about the fee refunds to her friends and family?

797 Other Employee Reviews for SunTrust (View Most Recent)

Enlightening...a business case model for how to do nearly everything wrong and drive people out

Current Employee - Origination  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Origination in Richmond, VA

I have been working at SunTrust full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good colleagues to work with; decent salary; interesting work; fair benefits

Cons

an appalling lack of common sense and demonstrated business talent by people occupying senior managment positions; they basically haven't got a clue about running the business or what the people below them actually have to go through to perform their jobs. the bank is squarely in the hands of bean-counters and pencil pushers more interested in creating useless charts and graphs with zero relation to daily life; inadequate office machinery for staff to perform their job functions adequately or efficiently. Good people are leaving in droves for other places of employment needlessly, which is a criminal waste of really talented people simply because management is appallingly weak and generally useless.

Take an early pension or long vacation and let the far more talented middle managers take over operating management before it is too late to save the bank.

Truly a wonderful learning experience.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Tampa, FL

I worked at SunTrust full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The bank offered a very friendly work environment.

Cons

The upper management was somewhat out-of-touch with the daily activities.

Employees know you are a manager, therefore you do not have to remind them of your status.

There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!