SunTrust

There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust

Suffering company

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at SunTrust full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are many fantastic and smart people working there. The work is hard, but I stayed all those years because of the people I worked with.

Cons

Every year since 2006, there have been layoffs in our department and this year they are big again all across the bank. These waves began in the summer and are planned to continue through the rest of the year at a minimum. Banks are shrinking, so if you are looking for security, you won't find it here. After you put in months of 60 hour weeks, you could still be laid off.

Good luck with the changes you will need to do with Dodd-Frank. I'm afraid you've lost so much banking knowledge by walking us out the door that you'll have a hard time with the massive development you'll need to do for that.

950 Other Employee Reviews for SunTrust (View Most Recent)

Horrible in ETI

Current Employee - Integration Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Integration Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people that work hard.

Cons

Horrible nat city management team in ETI. Clueless on how things really operate and workflow but about to find out through a terribly idiotic reorganization attempt.

Diversify the madness that ETI has become from a management perspective.

Had to quit because manager is clueless

Former Employee - Wilshire Branch in Peachtree City, GA
    Former Employee - Wilshire Branch in Peachtree City, GA

I worked at SunTrust full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

Only worked there for about three months. I could not work for the manager. She micromanaged and talked about every client when they left the building. I could not do my job with her over my shoulder. She gave out wrong information all the time and insisted it was right. We had to explain to the angry clients how the product worked.

Make sure your managers can use a computer and know the product information. Also that they actually stay in the branch for the entire day. Do you know about the fee refunds to her friends and family?

There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust