New to Banking, New to Suntrust

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Washington, DC

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has good pay, good benefits and great structure for a long career in banking.

Cons

Always hiring cause some of the older employees morale is down. Specific to goals and competition.

Advice to Management

Work on morale, employees are doing dishonest things to their clients in order to chase the goals blanket set for them. This can lead to the type of problems that the other banks have gotten into.

Other Employee Reviews for SunTrust

1. Underwriter or Loan Closer

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Orlando, FL

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The 401(K) was raised to 6%

Cons

What an awful, awful place to work. If you are a credit underwriter or a loan closer DO NOT TAKE THIS JOB. It is a culture of blame, criticism and threats. All under the umbrella of a sweat shop mentality. My best advice would be if you have a job, DO NOT COME HERE !!!. If you do not have a job then take it but expect to be miserable, like everyone else. I even had a head hunter call me and tell me he has heard there are a lot of unhappy people working here.

Advice to Management

Get rid of middle management and bring insome fresh faces. The managment here is awful.

2. Unless you are desperate for a job!!!

Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good market share in the Atlanta market and good brand recognition help teammates attract new clients.

Cons

For the last 4 years the company has gone from a sales culture to a customer service culture, to a customer and sales culture, to a only sales culture. They have change twice the sales format and are looking to change it again. There are no real opportunities to grow and he best opportunities are given to external candidates. The employee engagement level is very low.

Advice to Management

They might be getting short term results but in the long term, they are killing the company.