SunTrust

www.suntrust.com
  www.suntrust.com
There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust

SunTrust is the WORST employer I have ever worked for in my 30 years of working!

Current Employee - Department Associate in Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Department Associate in Richmond, VA

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (more than an year)

Pros

That I wasn't forced into mandatory overtime like so many others I know without concern for who would take care of my children while I was doing this overtime.

Cons

This company has no compassion or understanding of the fact that it's employees have lives outside of the office. And PLEASE don't have a sick child.

Realize that people have lives outside of the office. Everyone isn't fortunate enough to have nannies and baby sitters that can take of their child when they are ill. To receive an "occurrence" and "corrective action" because your child is ill and you can't make it to work is freaking heartless!!!

895 Other Employee Reviews for SunTrust (View Most Recent)

Good place to work, but the future is doubtful

Current Employee - Business Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People are very friendly and great to work with, however, building relationships with people is a MUST toward getting anything done. Telecomuting is allowed for salaried positions but not managers, number of days vary. Managers must be notified first if applying for other positions in the bank, but most are supportive. They are actively working toward making some necessary cultural shifts. Managers rarely provide monetary rewards, but are good about giving comp time, extra vacation days, and extra work from home days. This is a heavy process laden company, but they see value in six sigma principles and are trying to streamline.

Cons

Due to both workload and environment, people are not held accountable for their work. This makes it difficult to get things done. I've been on the job 4 years and have only received $3,000 in added compensation - negotiate a good salary up front. Annual review process is highly subjective and makes it difficult to achieve more than an average rating. Very focused on cost cutting measures - no coffee, individually monitor print jobs and supplies. Staffing is now below bare bone minimum due to 3 layoffs in the latter part of 2012. Infrastructure and Application teams werea aligned to lines of business in an effort to reduce silos, but changes have been very poorly communicated and there is little understanding how roles will be fulfilled in the new structure.

The bank would benefit from a 360 review process that includes feedback for managers. The current rating system does not work. Employees should be offered more opportunity for added compensation and bonuses, if this is economically not possible then the bank needs to consider adding other perks like paying for parking for downtown locations, etc. Organizational decisions should not be made public until both process and people changes have been defined. This has caused a loss of confidence in management and the future of the bank.

Wonderful Experience w/ Knowledge but pay and team work lacking

Former Employee - Consumer Loan Specialist III in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Consumer Loan Specialist III in Richmond, VA

I worked at SunTrust full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved what I did. I worked in the Loss Prevention Dept dealing w/ repossessions. I made extra money every month as much as 1k at 1st, due to my performance.

Cons

What I didnt like was that in my 2nd year of working at STB, Our incentive guidelines changed, instead of it being on an individual basis now to get it the whole team had to meet certain goals.
    Also we had two managers in the dept and they were totally different one was alot stricter. And the head of our dept didnt even know the details of our job. We did alot of work and was not compensated for it.

There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust