There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust

Underwriter or Loan Closer

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Orlando, FL

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The 401(K) was raised to 6%

Cons

What an awful, awful place to work. If you are a credit underwriter or a loan closer DO NOT TAKE THIS JOB. It is a culture of blame, criticism and threats. All under the umbrella of a sweat shop mentality. My best advice would be if you have a job, DO NOT COME HERE !!!. If you do not have a job then take it but expect to be miserable, like everyone else. I even had a head hunter call me and tell me he has heard there are a lot of unhappy people working here.

Get rid of middle management and bring insome fresh faces. The managment here is awful.

846 Other Employee Reviews for SunTrust (View Most Recent)

Unless you are desperate for a job!!!

Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good market share in the Atlanta market and good brand recognition help teammates attract new clients.

Cons

For the last 4 years the company has gone from a sales culture to a customer service culture, to a customer and sales culture, to a only sales culture. They have change twice the sales format and are looking to change it again. There are no real opportunities to grow and he best opportunities are given to external candidates. The employee engagement level is very low.

They might be getting short term results but in the long term, they are killing the company.

Great people; positive work environment

Current Employee - Teller II in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Teller II in Newport News, VA

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great environment, always busy, great management, and flexible for those who are in the military. They will work with you, especially if you are organized and have your drill schedule outlined for the year.

Cons

Recently they have increased goals for incentives, which will make it quite difficult to reach this year's standards. This could lead to lower performance and morale.

The new point system will definitely need to be reevaluated after this quarter. I doubt many branches will reach the goals established.

There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust