There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust

Overall a good experience for a first time job

Pros

Great Flexibility with decent pay.

Cons

No incentives for non-salaried employees

Advice to Management

More Incentives

Other Employee Reviews for SunTrust

1. Teller at SunTrust

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Bethesda, MD

I worked at SunTrust full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at three different locations. Generally speaking I enjoyed my time there and thought the people were very friendly. SunTrust reimbursed us for any extra driving and provided food at regional meetings, and we got free t shirts in the second year I worked there. and they throw company parties every year. I got vacation time whenever I needed it and an extra week or two was no big deal. Benefits were amazing. they have a generous matched 401k program.

Cons

There were certain things that very seriously annoyed me. For instance, when they can't make their numbers (meet their goals) certain managers will get REALLY pushy and will stress you out and micromanage. But that's only with my first manager. My other manager in Bethesda, Md was much nicer and relaxed. He took a lot of heat from upper management to meet sales goals but didn't pass it on to us. The other thing that annoyed me was how much time they spend in meetings. We had a meeting every Monday. and then we had one the day after holidays and we had one for every new product. and we had one whenever our service scores were low. and we had one sometimes for "emergency situations" I think that the excessive meetings were a response to failing the government's bank stress test but still very inconvenient. and we often had to stay late which didn't bother me, but with people who had kids it was extremely frustrating. The pay was about par to other banks and conservative for the industry.

Personal banker

Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Nashville, TN

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people that work with company

Cons

Low wages and no opportunity in growing career