SunTrust was an ok experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Albany, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, GA

I worked at SunTrust part-time for more than a year

Pros

It was an ok experience

Cons

Sales goals were a little high especially with the economy.

Should focus too much on the numbers.

Other Reviews for SunTrust

Great if you're in Security ,Risk or Compliance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SunTrust full-time

Pros

Good work environment -moving to more remote options; decent benefits; more traditional but comfortable corporate culture

Cons

Pays on the lower end of the scale for positions and is on its third year of extreme outsourcing and downsizing. Unless you're in a few select fields that they have to keep above par to be competitive, it's risky. There is a lot of whispering about them positioning themselves to be acquired in the not so distant future.

Let go of your 40 year old management ideas and techniques. Get with the 21st century. Don't micromanage if you don't have to!

Only thing worse than a bad culture is a complacent one"

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SunTrust full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nobody will notice if you slack off. I come in at 9am and leave at 5pm. Everyday. Really like my coworkers (most of the time). If you value spending more time at home than work and don't mind a pay cut then this is the place for you. People act like they care. If you're a southern, conservative male WASP this is your paradise.

Cons

Bare-bones, cost cutting at all the way. Accountability does not exist. Very male "good guy" culture. I see men getting ahead at the company a lot faster than women and in general they seem to get more respect. There is no momentum in a single direction, more like fragmented choruses singing the same story "we're getting better, we're getting better." My first boss was disorganized and bullied me. My second boss played favorites and couldn't be direct. On your in-balance you will have to "rate yourself" and then watch management go back and "force fit" the rankings to that only a few people get decent "raises" (less than $5,000). That's called a cost of living adjustment to barely keep up with inflation, not a RAISE.

Stop preaching improvement this, improvement that. Just make things better and stop the bureaucratic process insanity. Start treating women with professional and intellectual respect. Pick one thing you want to be the best at in the market and do that. Being mediocre at everything is miserable.

There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust.

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!