Sad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at SunTrust full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Teammates that truly care about there clients and want to do their best day after day

Cons

Senior leaders have no idea what they are doing , change directions every other day with leadership expectations, need to hold them accountable on their leadership verses the branch teammates that are getting it done.

Need a new leader for retail in Orlando he is not to be trusted , you can read right through him! Cares about nobody but himself ......

Other Reviews for SunTrust

Getting more responsibility with less pay

Current Employee - Personal Banker  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Nashville, TN

I have been working at SunTrust full-time for more than a year

Pros

Technology and software have come a long way in the last 12 months, making the job easier.

Cons

Pay plan is more confusing than ever. Seems like there is always something that can happen and cause you to not make commission. Too many things factor into pay pan that are outside of my control.
    Being told to turn away business and clients that are not profitable to the bank. That is not client first.
    Too may software outages. Makes it impossible to help clients.

Go back to the old pay plan. This one is too confusing and makes commission hard to attain.

Its a Great Place to work!

Current Employee - Business Banking Relationship Manager
    Current Employee - Business Banking Relationship Manager

I have been working at SunTrust full-time for more than a year

Pros

the Benefits including 401(K) are very competitive. The culture is very good and they do want to help people as well as shareholders. My local management team is very knowledgeable I would recommend working.

Cons

I work in Commercial banking but I believe that it is getting very difficult for my partners in the branches. I would recommend only people that have worked for other banks and know the "branch" sales goals and are ok with that kind of culture.

Overall I think the Management at SunTrust is very good. I do believe however that it is ok for us to be in the business of making money and we don't have to make it sound like everything you are doing is for a the benefit of the client and then charge them fees. Yes we charges fees.

There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust.

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!