SunTrust

There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust

Unrealistic Goals

Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at SunTrust full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing. SunTrust was once a great hybrid of community and corporate (much like Wachovia)... now the company has gone full corporate retard.

Cons

-Upper management in the Tampa Bay area has been replaced by BoA and Wells Fargo clones.
-Monthly cash commission system was stripped in 2013 and replaced by a bogus quarterly point system that is unattainable in 90% of the branches.
-Cold calling... PBs & CSSs are essentially glorified telemarketers with 10 times the responsibility.

Hah... like they even care.

892 Other Employee Reviews for SunTrust (View Most Recent)

Worst job experience of my life

Former Employee - Teller Coordinator in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Teller Coordinator in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at SunTrust full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The money was incredible and the benefits were affordable. Training was sufficient

Cons

The people who work at the branches are the meanest! They do not want new employees and they will do everything to make you miserable! The sales pressures are so high that everyone is on edge and your co-workers tell you that management does not care

fire most of your branch employees if you want good people to stick around

honest teammate appreciation and one team environment

I have been working at SunTrust full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Noble work by best teammates in our industry, SunTrust has top training and expectations of its teammates. Leading by example is required of every one from top to bottom in order to bring security and Financial freedom to outr communities by 'Lighting the Way to Financial=al Freedom' We do this by consultative conversations and really getting to know our clients, their hopes and dreams, and their everyday needs. WE set ourselves apart by looking at today , tomorrow and their future. Their household and their family.........Their entire life is our concern. We value our clients they are the REASON we are here

Cons

Tough changes in our company during the past 3 years are difficult to understand at times. As our leaders are working to strengthen our efficiency and prepare us to be the BEST in our industry we have unfortunately lost some great talent along the way. This is at times heart wrenching...but a necessary cycle of business. We have to lead from the front and always remember why we are here and focus on today and not yesterday. Times are tough.....the future is not always clear....but we have a NOBLE WORK TO DO.....

improve honest equitable salary reviews for current career teammates....teammates that have been loyal and true deserve to be brought up to current salary standards.....

There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust