SunTrust

www.suntrust.com
  www.suntrust.com
There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust

Look within and share the wealth

Former Employee - Manager
Former Employee - Manager

I worked at SunTrust full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Full line of benefits, many tenured teammates, many good coworkers to work with, relationship building with clients

Cons

Out of touch executive and senior management spending too much time micromanaging....too many chiefs....on the retail side you might have a branch manager coaching a teller while being coached by a Area Manager who at the same time is being coached by the Region Executive who at the same time is being coached by the Geographic Exec and if your really lucky they will also have an HR consultant with them all. CRAZY

You have to know somebody or kiss up to survive.

How about all the above mentioned stay out of the branches and let us do our job.....

Also...CEO how about you take some of that $9,2 salary and reinvest in some of the good people vs continuing to lay them off.

TOOOOOO many senior management levels taking down big salaries vs staffing to support clients.

895 Other Employee Reviews for SunTrust (View Most Recent)

Run,RUN in the other direction

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at SunTrust full-time

Pros

Decent starting salary, good training and clear message from upper management

Cons

I was a branch manager in Orlando market and it was the worst bank management experience of my career of 15 years as a bank manager. They had almost 100 percent turnover in last year and each manager had individual sales goals that pitted them against the staff as we had to fight for customers in lobby. No team concept. No recognition of rest of staff. They say they are focused on customers and that is true. However, there focus is not a team concept, the incentive plan was pitiful and upper management bullies anyone that is not producing daily or hourly. Horrific. Most managers worked open to close..745 to 615 or later..every day..plus Saturdays..Run..run.. the other way.

sell the company

The Sun is setting and the Trust is gone

I worked at SunTrust full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

SunTrust was a great place to work and then the new CEO came in.

Cons

Cutting every expense like travel, training, bonuses, paper, supplies, coffee, benefits, ... (for non executives), selling a lot of assets to cover bad debt, off shoring nearly all of IT, outsourcing almost everything else, and to bring in a new CIO from India who is pushing with vigor the off shoring agenda (to guess where.. India). It is obvious to nearly everyone that the direction SunTrust is headed is to be sold. Therefore, expect continuous cuts, layoffs, outsourcing and off shoring. This is however a sound business decision. This will cause the stock prices to raise significantly before the company is Sold so that the Board of Directors, "C" suite officers, and other major investors get a significant parting bonus. It is not so good for those thousands of folks here in the US who put in 40+ per week to make everything work.....

Would be like trying to change the course of the Mississippi River by talking to it. Therefore I decline.

There are newer employer reviews for SunTrust