SunTrust
www.suntrust.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Good bank to start off with

Investment Banking Associate (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SunTrust

ProsGood investment bank with decent perks located in a great city. Not the highest profile, but there are opportunities to move to bigger spots if your good enough. It's good that I've gotten a chance to work in so many different areas of the firm and have a broad knowledge of the Investment Banking industry. Great office building in a great location downtown.

ConsNot as well known. Senior Management isn't very good at communications with Associates. Obviously not in New York or Chicago, so there is a much lower profile than in a financial capital. Pay isn't up to the same standards as some other Investment Banks.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter help with advancing their employees careers. More feedback and a better understanding of the strategic vision of the firm.

typical banking enviroment

Teller Coordinator (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at SunTrust

Pros: Strong Bank weathering a financial storm well. SunTrust's historically conservative lending platform have really helped weather this crisis we currently have, even though they have… Cons: typical banking environment - if you don't like working for… Advice to Senior Management: Problem with the industry is that it is in a constant struggle to remain competitive. Why do people expect free checking? Banking is a service!… More

Investment banking with a Southern twist

Investment Banking Analyst (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at SunTrust

Pros: Corporate & Investment Banking was a good training for careers in the future. Analysts training program consisted of 6 weeks class… Cons: Investment Banking did not pay the usual high salary even though you have to deal with the same stuff. A lot of managing directors… Advice to Senior Management: Take more prudent risks No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SunTrust.

Worked for SunTrust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunTrust reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SunTrust CEO William H. (Bill) Rogers Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by SunTrust employees.