Sunbelt Rentals

www.sunbeltrentals.com

Great place to work

OUTSIDE SALES (Current Employee) Odessa, TX

ProsGiven my past work experience, I planned to work the rest of my professional career in the construction equipment business. I worked at another equipment company and had close dealings with all of the other major equipment rental companies. Of all of the companies, I wanted to work at Sunbelt. It took about two years for me to get hired by Sunbelt and I can honestly say that this is the best job that I have ever had and barring some unforeseen circumstance, I am planning to retire from this company. I work hard and I am recognized for my efforts as far as my compensation, praise from management and opportunity for advancement. I guess that it is because of the experience that I brought to the table, but the manager got me involved in the operations of the business from the time I started and the district manager made it clear to me from the start that opportunities for advancement were there for me. The grass is very green on this side of the fence.

ConsI really don't have any cons about the company specifically but if I had to pick something to complain about it's about the industry in general. Since the construction industry is one of the key economic indicators, it is one of the first that takes a hit when the economy slows down. Other than that, no complaints.

Advice to Senior ManagementJudging by the financial condition that Sunbelt is in during this recession; compared to the other major equipment rental companies, I would say that Sunbelt's management is doing a great job. It would be naive of me to presume to give advice to those who have done a great job of recession proofing this company.

Content employee...

Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sunbelt Rentals

Pros: Large company, lots of potential for advancement as well as transfers. At least my location, alot of pride in quality of work. Fast… Cons: Fast paced and stressful at times... Rental industry doesn't pay as well for mechanics, at least in WA. Some of the safety rules… Advice to Senior Management: Mostly, doing a great job. After all, I'm still… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Company has no ethics

Driver (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

I worked at Sunbelt Rentals

Pros: I enjoyed working at sunbelt and the pay for drivers was pretty good.… Cons: When the company had to do lay offs I was picked over junior personell. I was told that senority did not have anything to do… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees with a little respect and fairness No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Sunbelt Rentals.

Worked for Sunbelt Rentals? Contribute to the Community!