There are newer employer reviews for Sunbelt Rentals

Great place to work

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES  in  Odessa, TX
Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Odessa, TX

I have been working at Sunbelt Rentals

Pros

Given my past work experience, I planned to work the rest of my professional career in the construction equipment business. I worked at another equipment company and had close dealings with all of the other major equipment rental companies. Of all of the companies, I wanted to work at Sunbelt. It took about two years for me to get hired by Sunbelt and I can honestly say that this is the best job that I have ever had and barring some unforeseen circumstance, I am planning to retire from this company. I work hard and I am recognized for my efforts as far as my compensation, praise from management and opportunity for advancement. I guess that it is because of the experience that I brought to the table, but the manager got me involved in the operations of the business from the time I started and the district manager made it clear to me from the start that opportunities for advancement were there for me. The grass is very green on this side of the fence.

Cons

I really don't have any cons about the company specifically but if I had to pick something to complain about it's about the industry in general. Since the construction industry is one of the key economic indicators, it is one of the first that takes a hit when the economy slows down. Other than that, no complaints.

Judging by the financial condition that Sunbelt is in during this recession; compared to the other major equipment rental companies, I would say that Sunbelt's management is doing a great job. It would be naive of me to presume to give advice to those who have done a great job of recession proofing this company.

62 Other Employee Reviews for Sunbelt Rentals (View Most Recent)

Content employee...

Current Employee - Heavy Equipment Mechanic
    Current Employee - Heavy Equipment Mechanic

I have been working at Sunbelt Rentals

Pros

Large company, lots of potential for advancement as well as transfers. At least my location, alot of pride in quality of work. Fast paced and exciting at times! Also, ther is alot of opportunity for continued training on all sorts of equipment. My favorite thing about my job is that I'mn doing something different every day so there is no time to get bored.

Cons

Fast paced and stressful at times... Rental industry doesn't pay as well for mechanics, at least in WA. Some of the safety rules seem mundane and pointless. I know they're intended to keep us safe, but sometimes I find myself choosing between doing my job, and following the rules...

Mostly, doing a great job. After all, I'm still working...

Company has no ethics

Former Employee - Driver  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Driver in Nashville, TN

I worked at Sunbelt Rentals

Pros

I enjoyed working at sunbelt and the pay for drivers was pretty good. The people at the individual stores were all good to work with.

Cons

When the company had to do lay offs I was picked over junior personell. I was told that senority did not have anything to do with who was laid off. The only reason that I can come up with is because my wife was in the hospital and they didn't want to have to pay insurance anymore. My benifits were cut off the day I was laid off which shows an appauling lack of ethics. Although I enjoyed working for Sunbelt I would not recommend working for a company that doesn't allow you to build up senority and will treat you this way when they are through using you.

Treat your employees with a little respect and fairness

There are newer employer reviews for Sunbelt Rentals

Worked for Sunbelt Rentals? Contribute to the Community!