Sunbelt Rentals

There are newer employer reviews for Sunbelt Rentals

GReat

Current Employee - Yard Manager in Remington, VA
Current Employee - Yard Manager in Remington, VA

I have been working at Sunbelt Rentals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great friendly place to be

Cons

none really it is so nice

good job

70 Other Employee Reviews for Sunbelt Rentals (View Most Recent)

fast pace, great pay check when paid correctly

Former Employee - Assist Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Assist Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sunbelt Rentals full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I started when it was Nations Rent, And I have worked with a great group of guys. I can remember we use to cook out on Friday's and not hamburgers, great big juicy steaks!! If you had the opportunity to work at just one location you quickly became a Family. It was great to go work in a good mood and if your coworker was down in the dumps the other one's would bring you back up.

Cons

Were do i began? Sunbelt wow everyone was excited new name, no longer in debt, no fear of loosing your job anymore. So that's what we thought at first. 2009 came and stores started to close, employees laid off, and the rest left to pick up the pieces, and double the work load, no more raises. This is one of my favorite CONS that the management tried and succeeded on, If you complained about a safety issue or about a after hours call they would say, (that must mean you don't want to work any more and if that is the case just sign this paper saying your quitting and release any right to your unemployment benefits). that was one of the most unmoral things i have ever seen in my life. Or how about this one, the management would tell their employees that if they wanted to move up in the company they need to put in a little free time, you know work off the clock, we need to watch our over time and you don't want to get written up do you. So most of us didn't complain because we were drawing a check and didn't want to loos our jobs. If any body says i wasn't a company man their off their rocker, i have fired friends for not following policy's and put in in an easy 70 hours a week and only getting paid for 50 55 hours

Here is a little advice to some District Managers in Texas, Respect your employees, treat them like a brother or sister, show them your watching them. A lot of them would be happy for a long time on a .50 cent raise. Stop taking the upper Management on retreats to casino's and getting drunk on the river . start giving the little guy something with that money, And by the way look up Overtime wage violation and you will be surprised on how much trouble your going to be in WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT.

Fun atmosphere, more benefits than most companies, secure

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable/Collections in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable/Collections in Portland, OR

I have been working at Sunbelt Rentals full-time (less than an year)

Pros

there's no threat of the company laying you off. I enjoy the atmosphere and love the work. In today's economy Sunbelt has pretty good benefits. Theyhave alot of benefits that other companies don't have.

Cons

From what I hear hourly employees haven't got a raise in quite sometime.

Be more accessible