Sunbelt Rentals

www.sunbeltrentals.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sunbelt Rentals

Excellent employer

I have been working at Sunbelt Rentals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent safety culture. Always working with the knowledge that business is cyclical.

Cons

Geographic constraints and limited upward mobility after a certain point.

75 Other Employee Reviews for Sunbelt Rentals (View Most Recent)

Only work at Sunbelt out of desperation

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, IN

I worked at Sunbelt Rentals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job, nothing more, nothing less. The only perk is you got to use. the equipment for personal use, but if upper management knew that, I am sure it would change.

Cons

The pay stucture is horrible, especially for the counter staff an Dispatchers who do the lion's share of the work with no recognition and no opportunity for advancement. If you like being screamed and cussed at and being called vulgar by a PCM (Branch Manager) for no reason and by someone who has absolutely no clue what is going on, then this may be the job for you! (and yes, I have the texts to prove it) Just make sure you do not count on the profit sharing bonuses that are promised to you, they will find a way to always get out of paying them. The working environment is far less than desireable.

Also good luck with the racoon infestation and fease that you will have to endure because the PCM refuses to do anything about it! We had raccoons running overhead on our ceiling tiles where they could fall through at anytime, and often did. Ceiling tiles above the breakroom table were missing due to raccoons falling from there. Yum Yum, who would want to be forced to eat under that (nothing like a little raccoon dung to spice up that sandwitch!). AND YES, I have the pictures to prove it!

Safety takes a back seat to everything, even though the company will tell you it does not! I could write a book on all the unsafe practices that the PCM let slide by, some of which are very illegal! But hey, don't worry, you will not have to deal with safety problems very long, because if you bring attention to the issues, you will no longer have a job!.

GROW UP!!!!! Stop spending all your time covering up your mistakes and personal issues. Focus on becoming strong leaders who value their hardworking employees. Back up what you tell your employees and stop being so 2-faced. Treat your employees like human beings, not like some sweat shop trash, and maybe, just maybe you would earn (and yes I said earn) some of your respect and dignity back!

Great opportunities

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Sunbelt Rentals part-time (less than a year)

Pros

opportunity to move up in the company if you work hard at it, a job can turn into a career if you arent worried about getting pay well. great management that want to see you move up in the company fast.

Cons

to many politics involved in promotion seeking and commisiion plans continue to change. The pay raises arent that much in the company. Kind of bad hours at some locations. Long shifts. time off policies are kind of hard.

There are newer employer reviews for Sunbelt Rentals