Suncoast Hospice

www.thehospice.org
  www.thehospice.org
There are newer employer reviews for Suncoast Hospice

Dream job

I have been working at Suncoast Hospice full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Part of a bigger mission; focus on the patient and family; family centered working environment. Excellent benefits including very generous Paid Time Off.

Cons

Hard to say; I think it is a great place to work...As with all large organizations, there are opportunities to improve communication of information however there are regular staff meetings and an honest effort is made by management.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Suncoast Hospice (View Most Recent)

Working for Suncoast Hospice is the best job I've had in my entire nursing career.

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at Suncoast Hospice

Pros

I find it to be a very rewarding experience caring for those in the end stage of their lives.

Cons

Long working hours and distances travel to get to assignments. Would like to be paid for mileage.

I advise to management is to visit the homes of the patients.

From great to it's a job

I have been working at Suncoast Hospice full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

PTO is very good, benefits fair, immediate supervisor cares for team

Cons

Upper management doesn't keep employees informed in timely manner, now micro managing employees making them anxious when no need to. Makes a person feel guilty if late or need time off. Training could be better when first hired, changes should be discussed with everyone before implemented.

Keep everyone in the loop regarding changes, so they were handled better. Stop micro managing , you already have good employees. Start treating employees with respect, listen to what they have to say, bring back the hospice heart, keep good employees, it's ok to expand other areas, but not at the expense of losing the hospice original message. No need for so many directors, stop making the employees feel unsafe, like they can be replaced at any moment. We are there for the patients, no matter what department we work in. Also stopped sending mixed messages, and have rules apply to all, no more favorites. Be more consistent , stop making unnecessary changes.

There are newer employer reviews for Suncoast Hospice