There are newer employer reviews for Suncoast Hospice

Leader in Hospice Care in the Ever Changing World of Hospice

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Suncoast Hospice

Pros

It's an organization that lives its mission statement and perhaps the only one I've worked for that has consistently delivered on its promises to the community it serves. It was an honor to work there and to represent this organization. When it comes to end-of-life issues, there is no time for politicking and decisions predicated on revenue. This hospice did what was right for the patients and families they served. Doing the right thing was not always the most profitable thing, financially. But it's this kind of compassion that has established it as an industry leader.

Cons

For over three decades, Suncoast Hospice has been the only hospice in Pinellas County, FL. This is due to the certificate of need regulations that exist in the state of FL. However, times are changing... it seems that competition is a reality that the organization will soon have to deal with. This is both good and bad. It could be ideal if the leadership in the organization responds with prudence and foresight. It could be disastrous if the leadership and others within the organization fail to realize that former greatness does not guarantee future success.
Also, it's no secret that the salary at this organization is not consistent with the for-profit sector of this industry and not commensurate with an organization of its reputation and caliber. There are many perks that don't make there way into your paycheck. But in times of economic downturn and uncertainty, some qualified candidates may go elsewhere.

Welcome change and warmly receive your competition. It's inevitable. Don't waste time trying to expose the weaknesses of the competition. Just relentlessly promote the strengths of your organization. Your level of compassionate care is a benchmark in the industry. So make the competition explain their own weaknesses by staying on course and enhancing your strengths. And also, prepare for the exodus of staff who will join the competition's workforce primarily because of higher pay.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Suncoast Hospice (View Most Recent)

Dream job

I have been working at Suncoast Hospice full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Part of a bigger mission; focus on the patient and family; family centered working environment. Excellent benefits including very generous Paid Time Off.

Cons

Hard to say; I think it is a great place to work...As with all large organizations, there are opportunities to improve communication of information however there are regular staff meetings and an honest effort is made by management.

Working for Suncoast Hospice is the best job I've had in my entire nursing career.

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at Suncoast Hospice

Pros

I find it to be a very rewarding experience caring for those in the end stage of their lives.

Cons

Long working hours and distances travel to get to assignments. Would like to be paid for mileage.

I advise to management is to visit the homes of the patients.

There are newer employer reviews for Suncoast Hospice