Sungard Availability Services

www.sungardas.com
  www.sungardas.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sungard Availability Services

Seem to be moving all operations overseas

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

decent pay good benefits flexible schedule.

Cons

could be let go at any time. Lack of communication or direction from management. No opportunity for advancement.

Haven't listened so far so I have no more advice.

291 Other Employee Reviews for Sungard Availability Services (View Most Recent)

Oh Boy

Current Employee - Manager in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Where do I start with SunGard, well, needed a job, so at SunGard you have that, the checks don't bounce. Other pros.....thinking....nope, don't have much.

Cons

It's a shame really, great legacy, great value proposition, absolutely no idea what they are doing from the perspective of management direction, vision, ways to improve morale, nothing. Don't be surprised if you work at SunGard and speak to your manager maybe 5 to 6 times a year. I'll be heads down on something on a random Friday and get up and realize, I'm the only one in the building here. Morale is terrible, like Chechnya in the 90s terrible. Standard greeting at SunGard is heads down, I don't see you, please don't speak to me or you may give me an assignment. It's hard to negatively rate the company because it sort of feels like you are kicking someone when they're down. But - if you have other choices, good for you.

Quit.

Horrible Managers of the MRP program.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Sungard Availability Services as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of exposure and ability to learn various customer owned products and recovery procedures.

Cons

Ridiculous work-load, low morale, horrible treatment of contractors. No HR representation on-site.

Managers should not quote themselves in PPT presentations. Some managers need to understand that when they say "Fudge the numbers" (that most of America would agree) that you are telling someone to lie. Management needs to understand that a "Draft" is a "work in progress" and not a final or pristine document. In their quest for time effficiency, Management needs to respect the time of their employees by giving full and undivided attention to the people invited to their meetings. They should not be taking calls and responding to Email while leading a meeting that starts late and ends an hour or more than what was scheduled.

There are newer employer reviews for Sungard Availability Services