Sungard Availability Services
www.sungardas.com Wayne, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Sungard Technical Support

Senior Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

ProsI worked as a technical support rep from 2007 to 2008. The IT team was knowledgeable IT professionals who helped to mentor and nurture my growth. They were great people to work with. A lot of responsibility was placed within the tech support level in terms of administrating very different systems. It was a good environment to learn a wide variety of skills and the IT managers were great in terms of fostering trust and support for the team.

ConsI know Sungard has moved to Google mail platform now from Lotus Notes, but Lotus Notes was always a big headache both in terms of speed and the complex password system. Password rest was one of the most common supports calls. In terms of advancements, there really was not clear path for tech support reps which is one of the reasons I left. Also due to management changes, the environment had suffered. As last I had all tech support was outsourced, which I feel was a shame knowing how tech support once functioned.

I had a great experience at SunGard my first 4.5 years. Then the company started to degrade.

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Wayne, PA

I worked at Sungard Availability Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good 401(k) Match Good Benefits Nice Data Centers Second to none… Cons: Poor Client Service Poor Products Weak Management at C-Level Inadequate sales… Advice to Senior Management: Promote top management from within the ranks. It's impossible to run a company like SunGard without working in the day to day. Focus more on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Decent Benefits but no room for advancement

Thornton, CO

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Benefits are competitive and schedules are great. There is… Cons: Policy changes almost daily and without formal documentation. Tools are substandard for a billion dollar company and management turnover is greater… Advice to Senior Management: Pick a direction and go after it. Look at more successful companies and try to follow… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sungard Availability Services.

Worked for Sungard Availability Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sungard Availability Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sungard Availability Services CEO Andrew A. Stern. All reviews posted anonymously by Sungard Availability Services employees.