Sungard Availability Services
www.sungardas.com Wayne, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good company to work for, but headed in the wrong direction

Network Engineer I (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsGreat team. Team was very intelligent and highly technical. Senior engineers are great mentors to junior engineers. It was a great place to work and learn. If you came in as a junior, you would gain experience at an exponential rate and leave almost a senior. Work from home policy was also very beneficial.

ConsCompany is starting to outsource a lot of work to India. Many US engineers are being replaced, and the trend is only continuing in that direction. Heard of recent layoffs as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementOutsourcing to India is not the solution!

Decreasing Revenue, Outsourcing to India

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Sungard Availability Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good benefit package with a company match to 401k. … Cons: The company is moving much of its operations to India with major layoffs several times a year in the states. There has been no… Advice to Senior Management: New and less leadership needed with fresh faces from Director level up… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The Worst Career Move Possible

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
    Wayne, PA

I worked at Sungard Availability Services full-time for more than a year

Pros: Solid Hardworking people beneath the VP level, decent salary, work… Cons: Layers and layers of incompetent management, mismanagement of finances, outdated sales model, overuse of external consultants,… Advice to Senior Management: Conduct 360 assessments for every VP and EVP, then clean house.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sungard Availability Services.

Worked for Sungard Availability Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sungard Availability Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sungard Availability Services CEO Andrew A. Stern. All reviews posted anonymously by Sungard Availability Services employees.