Up and coming

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are very talented. Our teams are empowered to self-organize and work together within and across their scrum teams. We're building new products using periodic feedback from our customers who are very excited to see our progress every three weeks.

Cons

There are still some corporate functions that remind you that you work for a big company, and sometimes things in some of these corporate areas take longer to get done than one would like.

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going forward.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Was great to work for in the Comdisco days

I worked at Sungard Availability Services

Pros

Flexible management- always encouraging employees to learn more and to get involved. Most of the co-workers are supportive. Was not micro-managed.

Cons

Some of co-workers took advantage of the 'non-micromanaged' mentality of managers. Some managers were not aware of the workers that did not contribute. If took on responsiblity you would be automatically held accountable for task from that time on- regardless if it was not your job.

Advice to Management

Be more open-minded and support the people actually doing the job.

2. Good company to work for, but headed in the wrong direction

Former Contractor - Network Engineer I in Houston, TX
    Former Contractor - Network Engineer I in Houston, TX

I worked at Sungard Availability Services as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team. Team was very intelligent and highly technical. Senior engineers are great mentors to junior engineers. It was a great place to work and learn. If you came in as a junior, you would gain experience at an exponential rate and leave almost a senior. Work from home policy was also very beneficial.

Cons

Company is starting to outsource a lot of work to India. Many US engineers are being replaced, and the trend is only continuing in that direction. Heard of recent layoffs as well.

Advice to Management

Outsourcing to India is not the solution!