Sungard Availability Services

www.sungardas.com
  www.sungardas.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sungard Availability Services

If in sales stay away; SINKING SHIP!

Current Employee - Senior Account Representative in Wayne, PA
Current Employee - Senior Account Representative in Wayne, PA

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay for cell phone and happy hours.

Cons

Too many to list, have adopted a call center attitude, sales reps. report to three managers. The managers are not in it to help you they are in it for themselves and to build their castles, which was one VP's own statement. The company has cut comp. plans year over year and once strong name in the 90's early 2000's is now a revolving door.

Advice to senior management be honest with your employees either sell the company like it is rumored to do or start treating your employees like you did in the early 2000's with respect, especially the top reps.

300 Other Employee Reviews for Sungard Availability Services (View Most Recent)

Was great to work for in the Comdisco days

I worked at Sungard Availability Services

Pros

Flexible management- always encouraging employees to learn more and to get involved. Most of the co-workers are supportive. Was not micro-managed.

Cons

Some of co-workers took advantage of the 'non-micromanaged' mentality of managers. Some managers were not aware of the workers that did not contribute. If took on responsiblity you would be automatically held accountable for task from that time on- regardless if it was not your job.

Be more open-minded and support the people actually doing the job.

Up and coming

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Sungard Availability Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people I work with are very talented. Our teams are empowered to self-organize and work together within and across their scrum teams. We're building new products using periodic feedback from our customers who are very excited to see our progress every three weeks.

Cons

There are still some corporate functions that remind you that you work for a big company, and sometimes things in some of these corporate areas take longer to get done than one would like.

Keep the momentum going forward.

There are newer employer reviews for Sungard Availability Services