Sungevity

www.sungevity.com
  www.sungevity.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sungevity

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at Sungevity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Probably the largest collection of really smart, dedicated and modern professionals that I've had the pleasure of working with. Before the contractions, someone who was willing to innovate could get ahead. And there are some great folks in upper management.

Cons

Lot of poor decisions from above, becoming decrees issued from the bunkers of their minds.
Also, it was messed up before, but things really didn't get evil until they hired the vampire.

Next time you do something like this startup, try to really appreciate the value of your work force, and the need to listen to the people that are ACTUALLY creating the workflows. It's not just about the sales and marketing, I hope you realize that once the dominoes fall. Great idea and noble attempt, founders, but speaking for myself, and I believe most of the others in my situation, after 2-1/2 years (almost from the beginning) of exceeding my title and hours, I think I deserved more than being called in mid-day on a Friday to be laid off with a two week "severance" (incidentally, the "waiting period" before getting UI), and escorted out like a criminal. But trust that it really is your loss and will be someone else's gain.

54 Other Employee Reviews for Sungevity (View Most Recent)

Constant change with a lack of transparency or security

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I worked at Sungevity full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hours were flexible. Pay was pretty good.

Cons

Kitchen used to be stocked, but had terrible complimentary foods. Good people were constantly getting fired. Managers either micro-manage or hardly manage at all. Work was not challenging. Constant changes were being made while pay was becoming less. Co-workers were immature and unprofessional.

To better understand how senior management

Love this place - amazing people to work with who are truly driven by the Solar mission. Love the very open environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Sungevity

Pros

Great benefits, great people, beautiful setting, real mission and purpose

Cons

Intense as most new companies are - pace is fast

Keep these benefits - they are a lock!

There are newer employer reviews for Sungevity