Sunoco Logistics
www.sunocologistics.com Philadelphia, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great people, fast paced, limited oversight

Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThere is a strong bond between the employees that makes the work environment generally enjoyable. The work is fast-paced to say the least. The growth experienced in the O&G industry in general has led to a boom in new projects, and Sunoco is no exception. You have ownership over your projects generally with limited oversight from management. Very little clock-watching or micro-managing from supervisors/managers.

ConsTurn-over is pretty high for technicians and engineers due to the hot job market, and management hasn't responded adaquately to retain talent. There is a shortage of key positions in many groups, so individual workload can be overwhelming. Lack of established processes and training can be frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people and pay them what the market is bearing. Take suggestions from working groups on process improvements and run with them. These changes have to come from the top down, not the bottom up. Get rid of out-dated software. Transition from Excel to more advanced database solutions for data management.

good job, bad company

T O (Current Employee)
    Newark, NJ

I have been working at Sunoco Logistics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: They always pay on time. Cons: So many don't have the time to list. Advice to Senior Management: Learn your craft so you can teach others the right… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great organization with tons of opportunity to learn the industry

Technical Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at Sunoco Logistics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Growth-oriented. They don't take a lot of risks, and a majority of their acquisitions and organic growth pays off,… Cons: There is room for advancement, but there's an unspoken "glass ceiling" above grades 7 or 8, in which people are selected from the inner circle.… Advice to Senior Management: Return to the SXL of 2006 that hired qualified and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sunoco Logistics.

Worked for Sunoco Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sunoco Logistics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sunoco Logistics CEO Brian P. MacDonald. All reviews posted anonymously by Sunoco Logistics employees.