Sunrise Senior Living

www.sunriseseniorliving.com
  www.sunriseseniorliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Unfortunately, it is the worst company I worked for

Former Employee - Care Manager  in  Belmont, CA
Former Employee - Care Manager in Belmont, CA

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

Lots of room to grow when you have the chance to restart from that low

Cons

Underpaid, overworked, unpredictable schedule, management ruling by wirting "write-ups" for any reason, just to make sure they can get rid of you whenever they want.

Learn that you need to show the exemple. Also, in California, you don't need to have a file on everyone to terminate employment - employment is "at will".

263 Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Read reviews if you're looking for a job or a place for parents. Not what is was started out. Changed a lot.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

The residents, and team members make the job. Learning about and taking care of the residents is so rewarding.

Cons

Put you in a new position within the company and don't give you any support, training was there, but not enough support. I had 3 positions within company and they had always given me support, but when I got to the nursing dept they just gave me a couple of days of training and said go for it. Always worried about bottom line and not treating residents with respect.

When new or visiting people come in from corporate talk to the residents, say Hi introduce yourself! Don't walk through building in your high heels and not even speak to people. It's their HOME not ours. Give support to employees in new positions. Don't just say I gave her/him training and that's all I need to do. Give positive feedback if warranted, give construtive critisim not brow beating in front of other team members. Pay attention to those who are always reporting problems, they may be the problem and want to steer you away from them.

Rewarding career choice

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

growth opportunities are available for competent employees

Cons

better comunication is needed by senior leadership

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!