Sunrise Senior Living
www.sunriseseniorliving.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Overall, I was lucky to have worked here for a first job

Lead Server (Current Employee)
Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros-Treated fairly
-Workload is fair and realistic
-Huge opportunities for advacement/promote from within ( I was promoted twice and given three raises in just 1 year)
-Real flexible schedule
-Feel part of something bigger
-Care about employees, had quarterly employee prize give aways.
-Bonus twice a year

Cons-Logistics
-Organization
-If an co worker called off then it affect your workload greatly
-Underpaid, I was promoted twice and given three raises and it still didn't compared to other companies in the same industry & area, Sunrise paid the lowest. About 50 cents over minimum wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to add more employees to the schedule to prepare for call offs or no shows. Overall, keep up the great job, you made everyone feel like part of something bigger, and made work a second home. Not and employee but an individual. Also was kept up to date about the overall status of company. Were very solvent with employees, of companies affairs, which I thought was great.

Not a great place

Care Manager (Current Employee)
Omaha, NE

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros: Love of people. Working with Alzheimer residents. Cons: poor management, mean people to work with (co-workers) Advice to Senior Management: Follow through on complaints about other employees- Gain some actual structure in how the day to day operations should work- Don't have "bad" staff train… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Orchestrated Chaos

Director of Community Relations (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros: The facility based teams are compassionate and caring people who truly enjoy their work.… Cons: The long hours, the lack of communication from area management… Advice to Senior Management: Allow your facility based teams to do the jobs they love… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sunrise Senior Living.

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sunrise Senior Living reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sunrise Senior Living CEO Penny McIntyre. All reviews posted anonymously by Sunrise Senior Living employees.