Sunrise Senior Living
www.sunriseseniorliving.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Disappointing, inadequate care and management

Care Manager (Former Employee)
Boulder, CO

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros-Introduction into the Senior health community
-Opportunities for advancement
-Some paid holidays/vacation days
- A good vision for senior care

Cons-Corporately owned
-No experience required in fields that desperately require it
-Poor Management
-Cuts corners everywhere they can
-Allows residents who don't belong in Assisted Living into the community (health, mental, and personal issues that the staff can't handle since they are not a hospital or skilled nursing facility.)

Advice to Senior ManagementLook very closely at the people you have locally managing your communities. Especially your community marketing directors, ED's and nurses, I understand Sunrise has to fill empty apartments and that you do claim to offer a higher level or care, but be aware that there are people accepting residents who their Care Managers are unable to take of properly.

Also, realize that it's freakin impossible to serve meals, bus tables, and re set the dining room as a caregiver when we have 15 residents to take care of.

Overall, I was lucky to have worked here for a first job

Lead Server (Current Employee)
Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros: -Treated fairly -Workload is fair and realistic -Huge opportunities for advacement/promote from within ( I was promoted twice and given three raises… Cons: -Logistics -Organization -If an co worker called off then it affect your workload greatly -Underpaid, I was promoted twice and given three raises and it… Advice to Senior Management: Try to add more employees to the schedule to prepare for call offs or no shows. Overall, keep up the great job, you made everyone… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not a great place

Care Manager (Current Employee)
Omaha, NE

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros: Love of people. Working with Alzheimer residents. Cons: poor management, mean people to work with (co-workers) Advice to Senior Management: Follow through on complaints about other employees- Gain some actual structure in how the day to day operations should work- Don't have "bad" staff train… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sunrise Senior Living.

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sunrise Senior Living reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sunrise Senior Living CEO Penny McIntyre. All reviews posted anonymously by Sunrise Senior Living employees.