Sunrise Senior Living

www.sunriseseniorliving.com
  www.sunriseseniorliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Sunrise has become the big family I've always wanted!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

The residents are the absolute best thing about Sunrise. They make my day, everyday. HEart-warming moments that I see between my coworkers and residents always make me smile, and sometimes choke me up! I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cons

I always say that the residents here are my family, and like family they can be brutally honest at times. Sometimes hearing the honest truth from people you love can be hard, but ultimately I always value the insight the residents provide.

293 Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Disappointing, inadequate care and management

Former Employee - Care Manager in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Care Manager in Boulder, CO

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

-Introduction into the Senior health community
    -Opportunities for advancement
    -Some paid holidays/vacation days
    - A good vision for senior care

Cons

-Corporately owned
    -No experience required in fields that desperately require it
    -Poor Management
    -Cuts corners everywhere they can
    -Allows residents who don't belong in Assisted Living into the community (health, mental, and personal issues that the staff can't handle since they are not a hospital or skilled nursing facility.)

Look very closely at the people you have locally managing your communities. Especially your community marketing directors, ED's and nurses, I understand Sunrise has to fill empty apartments and that you do claim to offer a higher level or care, but be aware that there are people accepting residents who their Care Managers are unable to take of properly.

Also, realize that it's freakin impossible to serve meals, bus tables, and re set the dining room as a caregiver when we have 15 residents to take care of.

Overall, I was lucky to have worked here for a first job

Current Employee - Lead Server in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Lead Server in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

-Treated fairly
    -Workload is fair and realistic
    -Huge opportunities for advacement/promote from within ( I was promoted twice and given three raises in just 1 year)
    -Real flexible schedule
    -Feel part of something bigger
    -Care about employees, had quarterly employee prize give aways.
    -Bonus twice a year

Cons

-Logistics
    -Organization
    -If an co worker called off then it affect your workload greatly
    -Underpaid, I was promoted twice and given three raises and it still didn't compared to other companies in the same industry & area, Sunrise paid the lowest. About 50 cents over minimum wage.

Try to add more employees to the schedule to prepare for call offs or no shows. Overall, keep up the great job, you made everyone feel like part of something bigger, and made work a second home. Not and employee but an individual. Also was kept up to date about the overall status of company. Were very solvent with employees, of companies affairs, which I thought was great.

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living