There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Three ED's and two DO's in last three years created a lot of change.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

Very satisfying to help the elderly enjoy the last years of their lives. Making acquaintance of families and helping them deal with the aging process and their changing role with their parents.

Cons

Watching the elderly decline and eventually pass away can be depressing but knowing you made the end as good as it could be helps.

Advice to Management

This is a growth industry and the demographics of the residents have changed in the last ten years. People are waiting longer before entering assisted living because it is expensive so they are already in a decline when they come to us, including cognitively. We would be more competitive if we had 24/7 nursing staff. For the residents who are not cognitively impaired, having more stimulating activities and weekly trips to a museum, play, exhibit, etc. would be greatly apprciated by those residents and would entice more people to move in. Our building in particluar is at the nursing home end of the scale of assisted living because of the current population of residents.

reviews filtered by

Sunrise Sucks!!!!!

Former Employee - Lead Care Manager in Katy, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Care Manager in Katy, TX

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

If you love working with the elderly than this is the place for you.

Cons

I've worked at two different sunrise communities and the location of katy, texas (cinco ranch) sucks!!!! They never call you back when you have any type of questions, They make up lies to tell the concierge that there in a meeting. Its been several occasions were I haven't been paid. Some of the employees don't even get raises unless they speak up about it. There is also a lot of favoritism there as well. I resigned from this company because of the lack of respect and the lies.

Advice to Management

Make sure your team is following the guidelines of sunrise assisted living, also hire more professional people to do the job right.

Beginning was great

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

Some flexibility within the workweek

Cons

There is no career advancement in Sunrise

Advice to Management

Re-organize management better on the community level.