Sunrise Senior Living

www.sunriseseniorliving.com
  www.sunriseseniorliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

There are high expectations for performance, but I feel that I am fairly compensated and recognized for the work I do.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

I find the work exciting. I continue to grow and develop as a professional as our business model has so many facets (quality, care, leadership, real estate, finance, sales, development, to name a few). I have been rewarded with increasing levels of responsibility for work well done.

Cons

There is a lot of work to be done, high expectations for performance, and working at headquarters can be stressful. It can be hard to balance work and home life at times.

265 Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Three ED's and two DO's in last three years created a lot of change.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

Very satisfying to help the elderly enjoy the last years of their lives. Making acquaintance of families and helping them deal with the aging process and their changing role with their parents.

Cons

Watching the elderly decline and eventually pass away can be depressing but knowing you made the end as good as it could be helps.

This is a growth industry and the demographics of the residents have changed in the last ten years. People are waiting longer before entering assisted living because it is expensive so they are already in a decline when they come to us, including cognitively. We would be more competitive if we had 24/7 nursing staff. For the residents who are not cognitively impaired, having more stimulating activities and weekly trips to a museum, play, exhibit, etc. would be greatly apprciated by those residents and would entice more people to move in. Our building in particluar is at the nursing home end of the scale of assisted living because of the current population of residents.

Sunrise Sucks!!!!!

Former Employee - Lead Care Manager  in  Katy, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Care Manager in Katy, TX

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

If you love working with the elderly than this is the place for you.

Cons

I've worked at two different sunrise communities and the location of katy, texas (cinco ranch) sucks!!!! They never call you back when you have any type of questions, They make up lies to tell the concierge that there in a meeting. Its been several occasions were I haven't been paid. Some of the employees don't even get raises unless they speak up about it. There is also a lot of favoritism there as well. I resigned from this company because of the lack of respect and the lies.

Make sure your team is following the guidelines of sunrise assisted living, also hire more professional people to do the job right.

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!