Sunrise Senior Living

www.sunriseseniorliving.com
  www.sunriseseniorliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

I have felt part of a family committed to strengthening the company mission of championing quality of life for seniors.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

Working at the Sunrise Community Support Office provides you with opportunities to work on a variety of interesting projects and initiatives that help you expand your knowledge of (and advance in) your field of expertise. Each team member makes important contributions to his/her team and helps support Sunrise communities and team members. In my experience, other team members are friendly and helpful and make coming to work feel like being part of a family.

Cons

With the ability to work on a wide range of interesting projects comes the understanding that workloads can often be large. However, my experience has shown that managers do their best to support, accommodate or balance any concerns around workload as possible.

The family feel of working at Sunrise is a strength that should be promoted as much as possible.

266 Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living (View Most Recent)

There are high expectations for performance, but I feel that I am fairly compensated and recognized for the work I do.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

I find the work exciting. I continue to grow and develop as a professional as our business model has so many facets (quality, care, leadership, real estate, finance, sales, development, to name a few). I have been rewarded with increasing levels of responsibility for work well done.

Cons

There is a lot of work to be done, high expectations for performance, and working at headquarters can be stressful. It can be hard to balance work and home life at times.

Sunrise is a great place to work for those who want to make a positive difference in the lives of seniors.

Current Employee - Concierge  in  Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Concierge in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros

If you truly care about seniors and improving their quality of life, Sunrise is a great place to work. The mission statement "To champion quality of life for all seniors" is truly what the company is all about. At the Sunrise where I work, the team members are all very friendly and good at working together, and the management is very approachable and understanding. We all work towards the same goal of providing the best care for our residents. Team members who go above and beyond are recognized and rewarded for their hard work. If you care about seniors, work well with a team, and have a good work ethic, you'll excell at Sunrise.

Cons

It takes a certain type of person to work with the elderly, especially those with alzheimer's or dementia. If you do not have patience, compassion, and a passion for helping seniors, you will not do well at Sunrise. Another downside to working with those who are in the final chapter of their lives is the sorrow when they pass on. You might want to think about how well you would be able to handle that.

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!