Sunrise Senior Living

www.sunriseseniorliving.com
  www.sunriseseniorliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

It has been a wonderful change and a very positive environment to work in.

Current Employee - Executive Director
Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Corporate "management team" lead by example. They project truly caring attitudes for our senior living population and I believe want to do what is best for both our residents and our staff.

Cons

As with any large corporate structure, there is red tape and obstacles at time. Policies, etc. come out and ALL team members must be covered immediately, even though it may be as a result of 1 issue at a Community 2000 miles away. As with any business, Sunrise scrambles to reduce potential liability, while putting the bulk of the work on individual communities.

Spend a day or 2 in 1 Community, at least once a year, just shadowing staff to see/remember what the reality is.

285 Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living (View Most Recent)

It used to be better.

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are decent, residents are great.

Cons

There are not enough employees to take care of everyone/all the things that need to be done. Management is more concerned with getting more people moved in than taking care of the people already here. Current employees are rarely recognized for doing a good job, policies change at the drop of a hat and we are expected to adjust immediately.

Hire more people, appreciate the good employees you have, and teach more respect from employee to employee. Resident care needs to be the first priority, not profit, and treating employees badly for it.

A company that provides beautiful surroundings for its residents, employs caring, hard working staff.....but not enough

Former Employee - Coordinator
    Former Employee - Coordinator

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with a really dedicated team who strived to provide the best care they could to elderly residents.
    Lovely surroundings to work in
    Competitive salary

Cons

Expected to work long hours.
    Lack of training, had to "learn on the job"
    Not enough staff to deliver the "whole home approach" resulting in complaints from residents and their families

Senior management need to spend a day working along side "front line" staff to appreciate the challenges they are faced with

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living