Sunrise Senior Living
www.sunriseseniorliving.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

It has been a wonderful change and a very positive environment to work in.

Executive Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe Corporate "management team" lead by example. They project truly caring attitudes for our senior living population and I believe want to do what is best for both our residents and our staff.

ConsAs with any large corporate structure, there is red tape and obstacles at time. Policies, etc. come out and ALL team members must be covered immediately, even though it may be as a result of 1 issue at a Community 2000 miles away. As with any business, Sunrise scrambles to reduce potential liability, while putting the bulk of the work on individual communities.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend a day or 2 in 1 Community, at least once a year, just shadowing staff to see/remember what the reality is.

A company that provides beautiful surroundings for its residents, employs caring, hard working staff.....but not enough

Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Working with a really dedicated team who strived to provide the… Cons: Expected to work long hours. Lack of training, had to "learn on the job" Not enough… Advice to Senior Management: Senior management need to spend a day working along side "front… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Used to be a great companu

Human Resources (Former Employee)

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Many great people to work with that truly care about… Cons: Upper management's focuse shifted to doubling their business. When that occurred, the… Advice to Senior Management: With a great business, sales will inevitably grow. Get back to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Sunrise Senior Living.

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sunrise Senior Living reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sunrise Senior Living CEO Penny McIntyre. All reviews posted anonymously by Sunrise Senior Living employees.