Sunrise Senior Living

www.sunriseseniorliving.com

Best job I've ever had...

Concierge (Current Employee) Gilbert, AZ

ProsI love having a job where I feel like I'm actually making a difference in people's lives- where I can perform not just a job, but a calling. The community I work in is gorgeous, as are the other communities I've visited, and provides a pleasant atmosphere to work in. And my co-workers are fantastic- Sunrise is very committed to hiring employees who are passionate about what they do, and working with people who believe in what they do helps everyone to work together and help each other out. There is also a lot of opportunity for advancement and expanding your job horizons at Sunrise. I was hired as a server then moved to concierge, and have been provided experience as activities assistant and administrative assistant, and hope to continue a career with Sunrise after I finish my degree.

ConsAs much as I enjoy working at Sunrise, I don't think there is a company out there that has no room for improvement. One drawback in working for a corporate compnay, like Sunrise, is that howver dedicated the majority of the management and employees are, some things fall through the cracks. Sunrise is typically very good about addressing complaints by employees or residents, but it can take a while sometimes. Also, a lot seems to depend on the Executive Director at your community. The director I am working with now is great and follows through on Sunrise's open-door policy, but the director previous to him made working here much more challenging than it should be.
I would also advise anyone considering a job for Sunrise to seriously evaluate your personality and job needs to see wether it would be a good fit for you. While working with seniors is very rewarding, it can also be challenging. A person needs certain qualities like patience, caring, the ability to remain calm in a crisis and good interpersonal skills to do well and be happy working at Sunrise. Also, keep in mind that Sunrise is dedicated to improving the lives of SENIORS, who are often in the last stage of thier life. So being able to be close and truly care for your residents and yet being able to say goodbye with grace is very challenging, and I'm sure impossible for many people. That is an important aspect to consider when contemplating any career in the senior living industry.

All that said, I am still very happy working at Sunrise, and as I mentioned in the Pros category I hope to continue working here and making it not just a job but a career.

Sunrise's vision to champion the quality of life for all Seniors changed what was a "job" into my career.

(Current Employee) Katy, TX

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: I had no idea I was interested in senior living when I applied to Sunrise. I started working and fell in love. Years later, I… Cons: The hours are long and the expectations are high. There… Advice to Senior Management: It would be great if there were protections in place for team members to avoid burnout and decrease turnover. I have known many great and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

HORRIBLEEEEE

Medication Care Manager (Former Employee) Paoli, PA

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living part-time for less than a year

Pros: I love the residents and my fellow care managers/ med… Cons: Horrible pay and on top of that EVERY pay check is short hours and wages. Care level needs 7 care managers on the floor… Advice to Senior Management: Switch all of the above. We are not a dime a dozen it costs alot of money to put us through a week of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sunrise Senior Living.

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!