Sunrise Senior Living

www.sunriseseniorliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Good place to work, just need to fix the organization!!!

Current Employee - Cook in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Cook in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great place to work lots of potential to grow from within.

Cons

Need the Management to re-organized the whole system so that there's no SENIORITY coz a lot of newcomers always have a hard time dealing with the oldtimers. they end up doing mosty of the work.

309 Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Best job I've ever had...

Current Employee - Concierge in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Concierge in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love having a job where I feel like I'm actually making a difference in people's lives- where I can perform not just a job, but a calling. The community I work in is gorgeous, as are the other communities I've visited, and provides a pleasant atmosphere to work in. And my co-workers are fantastic- Sunrise is very committed to hiring employees who are passionate about what they do, and working with people who believe in what they do helps everyone to work together and help each other out. There is also a lot of opportunity for advancement and expanding your job horizons at Sunrise. I was hired as a server then moved to concierge, and have been provided experience as activities assistant and administrative assistant, and hope to continue a career with Sunrise after I finish my degree.

Cons

As much as I enjoy working at Sunrise, I don't think there is a company out there that has no room for improvement. One drawback in working for a corporate compnay, like Sunrise, is that howver dedicated the majority of the management and employees are, some things fall through the cracks. Sunrise is typically very good about addressing complaints by employees or residents, but it can take a while sometimes. Also, a lot seems to depend on the Executive Director at your community. The director I am working with now is great and follows through on Sunrise's open-door policy, but the director previous to him made working here much more challenging than it should be.
    I would also advise anyone considering a job for Sunrise to seriously evaluate your personality and job needs to see wether it would be a good fit for you. While working with seniors is very rewarding, it can also be challenging. A person needs certain qualities like patience, caring, the ability to remain calm in a crisis and good interpersonal skills to do well and be happy working at Sunrise. Also, keep in mind that Sunrise is dedicated to improving the lives of SENIORS, who are often in the last stage of thier life. So being able to be close and truly care for your residents and yet being able to say goodbye with grace is very challenging, and I'm sure impossible for many people. That is an important aspect to consider when contemplating any career in the senior living industry.

All that said, I am still very happy working at Sunrise, and as I mentioned in the Pros category I hope to continue working here and making it not just a job but a career.

Ok place

Former Employee - Dishwasher in Lynnfield, MA
    Former Employee - Dishwasher in Lynnfield, MA

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, understanding management, monthly giveaways

Cons

Management wasn't always professional, low wages

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living