love it

Current Employee - Concierge in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Concierge in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

hours are flexible, ppl are friendly, very diverse opened minded ppl who enjoy your company and not shy about sharing their thoughts on what can be done to change up and make them feel more at home.

Cons

i have no cons i can think of just yet although i started working here maybe just shy of 3 months ago.

reviews filtered by

Unbelieveable

Current Employee - Care Manager in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Freedom to choose the activities to do with the reseidents

Cons

A lot of drama!!! They choose to keep the Care Managers who don't do nothing but sit around and stir up drama. They preach they want people to trust them but they don't trust the ones who work hard. Way too many politics involved in this place. The pay sucks! A lot of chores and BS for little pay!

The senior management is the worst.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, IL

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co workers are nice. Residents are demanding and self centered with a few exceptions.

Cons

Senior management changes like the seasons, so does the staff. The pay is low for what is expected of you. I was a coordinator and did not receive the proper tools to perform my duties, ie, short staffed all the time, no help with activities or dining services, or short staffed with care managers so we are stressed and over worked. Care managers were always short and slow to respond to residents. Some residents wait up,to 45 - 60 mins. Waiting for help,in the bathroom. The food is also a big issue. The cook always says it will get better, but it never does. The people are on low sodium diets but the kitchen does not cook special foods. It's all the same for everyone. The best thing is the grilled cheese. Supposed to be to notch. I wouldn't put my dog here, let alone my parents.

Advice to Management

The management is 2 faced and not steady. They bring new ED's from other communities who change all the coordinators and upset the residents, and then nothing gets better. Way too much change over in Depts. as well. Management is not friendly to residents or family members as well.