Sunrise Senior Living
www.sunriseseniorliving.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Very Disappointed

Salaried Employee (Current Employee)
Golden Valley, MN

ProsWorking with Seniors and their families that put their trust in you. Also, there are some very good employees that are hard working with caring hearts.

ConsManagement is not aware of what is lacking in the community. They are focusing on the wrong people. Things continually go downhill. Short staffed and some of the employees that work there- should not be there-- they don't care about the residents and are dishonest. Very bad morale and high turnover. Poorly managed with no direction for improvement. I would not recommend a loved one to live there. No life work balance for salaried employees. High burnout among all.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to know that there is no leadership there and all aspects of what we claim we provide are falling short. Very poor communication throughout the community and morale is at an all time low. Understaffed and underpaid. Lacks in cleanliness, good food, good care, nurses on staff, families of residents are unhappy and no longer sending their friends and family members our way. Neither do employees. What does that say?? When employees suggest improvements or make management aware of things that are unacceptable, they are reprimanded. When upper management is planning on visiting the community, why don't you surprise us instead of giving the staff a advance notice? These visits are prepared for well in advance and you do not see the true state of things day to day. Spring visits on the community and get a look for yourself. What a shame. It used to be a very nice place with a good reputation.

Unbelieveable

Care Manager (Current Employee)
    Louisville, KY

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros: Freedom to choose the activities to do with the reseidents Cons: A lot of drama!!! They choose to keep the Care Managers who don't do nothing but sit around and stir up drama. They… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The senior management is the worst.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Highland Park, IL

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros: Co workers are nice. Residents are demanding and self… Cons: Senior management changes like the seasons, so does the staff. The pay is low for what is expected of you. I was a coordinator and… Advice to Senior Management: The management is 2 faced and not steady. They bring new ED's from other communities who change all the coordinators and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Sunrise Senior Living.

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sunrise Senior Living reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sunrise Senior Living CEO Chris Winkle . All reviews posted anonymously by Sunrise Senior Living employees.