Sunrise Senior Living

www.sunriseseniorliving.com
  www.sunriseseniorliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

For the most part, my time at Sunrise was nice

Former Employee - Assisted Living Coordinator
Former Employee - Assisted Living Coordinator

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My team was much stronger than when i inherited them from my predecessor. The core management team was pretty strong.

Cons

The company does not have a plan in place for being shorthanded in care. As a company, Sunrise should look into fast filling temp services that are "on call" to meet the demanding needs of its residents. Moral in many locations is an issue too. Turnover in ever level is waaaaaay too high.

I understand that med passers may become a thing of the past and to be left with the nurses to do. BAD BAD MOVE Sunrise or RHEI or whatever you are now. Also, when you have qualified employees who are ready to move into coordinator positions, why look outside? Fail.

275 Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Too much work not enough pay

Former Employee - Care Manager in West Babylon, NY
    Former Employee - Care Manager in West Babylon, NY

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

flexible schedule, easy to take time off or find coverage. Very friendly co-workers but sometimes can be a little too grouped together. Easy to form bonds with people and residents are usually very friendly

Cons

they try and do everything the cheapest way possible they don't care what condition a resident is in they'll take them in just for the money even when they should be in a nursing home rather than a senior living. Sometimes it could feel like your being slave driven with all the heavy lifting and high expectations.

get off your high horse

Very Disappointed

Current Employee - Salaried Employee in Golden Valley, MN
    Current Employee - Salaried Employee in Golden Valley, MN

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with Seniors and their families that put their trust in you. Also, there are some very good employees that are hard working with caring hearts.

Cons

Management is not aware of what is lacking in the community. They are focusing on the wrong people. Things continually go downhill. Short staffed and some of the employees that work there- should not be there-- they don't care about the residents and are dishonest. Very bad morale and high turnover. Poorly managed with no direction for improvement. I would not recommend a loved one to live there. No life work balance for salaried employees. High burnout among all.

Upper management needs to know that there is no leadership there and all aspects of what we claim we provide are falling short. Very poor communication throughout the community and morale is at an all time low. Understaffed and underpaid. Lacks in cleanliness, good food, good care, nurses on staff, families of residents are unhappy and no longer sending their friends and family members our way. Neither do employees. What does that say?? When employees suggest improvements or make management aware of things that are unacceptable, they are reprimanded. When upper management is planning on visiting the community, why don't you surprise us instead of giving the staff a advance notice? These visits are prepared for well in advance and you do not see the true state of things day to day. Spring visits on the community and get a look for yourself. What a shame. It used to be a very nice place with a good reputation.

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living