Sunrise Senior Living

www.sunriseseniorliving.com
  www.sunriseseniorliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Rude, obnoxious employees ... don't waste your time!

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse  in  Staten Island, NY
Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time

Pros

Great benefits: health insurance, vision, dental, 401 K , tuition paid

Cons

Low pay, uncooperative and rude employees

266 Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Sunrise Senior Living

Current Employee - Care Manager- AVC-Activities Volunteer Coordinator Assistant
    Current Employee - Care Manager- AVC-Activities Volunteer Coordinator Assistant

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living part-time for less than a year

Pros

The residents and their unique stories

Cons

Sunrise operates on a shortage of staff. Sunrise pays below the average for the cost of living in the areas it operate in. Sunirse offers no benefits to most of their employees who are in direct care roles and are required to risk their backs everyday. Sunrise does not train their employees on fire safety before they pull unexpected fire alarms on the elderly and the staff. Executve director asks the driver to take residents out into the community without an assistant to watch over the residents whiel he parks the bus blocks away.

The company needs to make better business decisions to actucally care for the residents and staff.

For the most part, my time at Sunrise was nice

Former Employee - Assisted Living Coordinator
    Former Employee - Assisted Living Coordinator

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My team was much stronger than when i inherited them from my predecessor. The core management team was pretty strong.

Cons

The company does not have a plan in place for being shorthanded in care. As a company, Sunrise should look into fast filling temp services that are "on call" to meet the demanding needs of its residents. Moral in many locations is an issue too. Turnover in ever level is waaaaaay too high.

I understand that med passers may become a thing of the past and to be left with the nurses to do. BAD BAD MOVE Sunrise or RHEI or whatever you are now. Also, when you have qualified employees who are ready to move into coordinator positions, why look outside? Fail.

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!