Sunrise Senior Living

Great place to work

Current Employee - Business Office Coordinator  in  Rochester, MI
Current Employee - Business Office Coordinator in Rochester, MI

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Caring employers, promote within, vacation time

Cons

Compensation, changes in management, Certain policies

265 Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living (View Most Recent)

My experience was bad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Golden Valley, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working in a beautiful community and home for wonderful residents. Seeing them on a daily basis is a joy. Helping them and their families is very rewarding.

Cons

Poor management, lack of leadership and poor communication. A lack of integrity and honesty in the management team. Overpromising and underdelivering the families looking for quality care for their loved ones. Promising core values and principles of service that are not practiced. Putting on a show for upper managment when they visit, which does not depict a true picture of how things are on a day to day basis. Very poor morale and employees are afraid to speak up about their concerns out of fear of reprisal or retaliation from those in charge.

It's unfortunate that management is not opening their eyes to the real issues in this community. This location will not succeed until the leadership changes. With a lack of due diligence and the dishonesty that portraits a false display of leadership, things will not change. Based on my experience, I would not recommend anyone to work at that location, nor would I recommend someone to live there. In time, the truth will always prevail.

Sunrise Senior Living Response

Dec 12, 2013Senior Director Talent Acquisition

We take your comments very seriously as we care deeply about the well-being of our team members and residents. Please contact us at careers@sunriseseniorliving.com with further details.

Do not treat employees well

Former Employee - Care Manager  in  Valencia, CA
    Former Employee - Care Manager in Valencia, CA

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living part-time for less than a year

Pros

Early morning or late afternoon schedule

Cons

Work you too hard, add residents to your schedule when someone calls out sick, make you work the dining staff unless you are a Lead, will fire you if you file a work comp claim

Keep your employees happy by making sure there is enough staff on at all times.

Sunrise Senior Living Response

Dec 12, 2013Senior Director Talent Acquisition

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!