Sunrise Senior Living

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Beautiful community

Current Employee - Life Enrichment Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Life Enrichment Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Wonderful residents and supporting families. The community is beautiful and is getting better. Many employees are great team members.

Cons

Management does not seem to know who is doing their job and who is not. They are easily fooled or don't care enough to do anything about it. They spend too much time on the PC utilizing outdated programs to try and track information rather than on the floor coaching employees. Too much documentation is done in writing and not electronically. Outdated technology.

Walk the floor throughout the day, pm and come unannounced at night. Know your employees and their true work ethic. Support those who are doing their jobs. Get rid of those who are not and hire team players who love working with senior citizens.

312 Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Business Office Coordinator in Rochester, MI
    Current Employee - Business Office Coordinator in Rochester, MI

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Caring employers, promote within, vacation time

Cons

Compensation, changes in management, Certain policies

My experience was bad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working in a beautiful community and home for wonderful residents. Seeing them on a daily basis is a joy. Helping them and their families is very rewarding.

Cons

Poor management, lack of leadership and poor communication. A lack of integrity and honesty in the management team. Overpromising and underdelivering the families looking for quality care for their loved ones. Promising core values and principles of service that are not practiced. Putting on a show for upper managment when they visit, which does not depict a true picture of how things are on a day to day basis. Very poor morale and employees are afraid to speak up about their concerns out of fear of reprisal or retaliation from those in charge.

It's unfortunate that management is not opening their eyes to the real issues in this community. This location will not succeed until the leadership changes. With a lack of due diligence and the dishonesty that portraits a false display of leadership, things will not change. Based on my experience, I would not recommend anyone to work at that location, nor would I recommend someone to live there. In time, the truth will always prevail.

Sunrise Senior Living Response

Dec 12, 2013Senior Director Talent Acquisition

We take your comments very seriously as we care deeply about the well-being of our team members and residents. Please contact us at careers@sunriseseniorliving.com with further details.

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living