Sunrise Senior Living
www.sunriseseniorliving.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Low pay for hard work and terrible hours, but you'll still love working there.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Leesburg, VA

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living

ProsSunrise hires some of the coolest, nicest, most competant people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. The residents are a blast, the families are great, and your coworkers will be nice, funny, and hardworking. They provide paid training and cheap food, along with tuition assistance and other good benefits at the 90 day mark.

ConsThere are loooooong, slow periods where nothing happens, especially on weekends. Be prepared to be bored in between the crazy periods when it feels like everything is happening at once.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the handbook it often says "Please refer to your community's written policies." Please make sure your policies actually ARE written down some place! Many good employees become frustrated when they don't have clear guidelines.

Sunrise not what I expected

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros: For the most part I do belive most of the people I work with are genuinely good, and have their hearts in the right place.(… Cons: Like I said earlier I do belive my co-wokers are all good people, however their is a lot of cattyiness.Going behind peoples backs to… Advice to Senior Management: I know everyone does the best they can. And I'm sure you all also have thankless jobs. I'm sure you also feel underpaid for all… More

great place to work if you enjoy the elderly but don't necessarily need a good paying job.

Reminiscence Supervisor (Current Employee)
Rochester, MN

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living

Pros: Caring for the elderly and listening to their stories. Cons: The wages, the gifts/recognition and awards. no compensation for years completed except 5, 10, 15 years. The management staff does… Advice to Senior Management: Be out in the community more and greet every care… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Sunrise Senior Living.

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sunrise Senior Living reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Sunrise Senior Living CEO Penny McIntyre. All reviews posted anonymously by Sunrise Senior Living employees.