Sunrise Senior Living

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Through Three Interviews

Current Employee - Care Manager
Current Employee - Care Manager

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Kind to employees.
Kind to the elderly
Works Around your schedule.
Forward thinking.
Good management.
Location everywhere.
Chance to advance.
Hires from within
Great Benefits.
Decent pay.

Cons

There is not a ton of Cons other then you need to be okay emotionally with the passing of a resident, the difficult of seeing someone age as well as a resident telling you off because they are confused.

309 Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living (View Most Recent)

I have worked at Sunrise for 1 year. and I started as a care Manager and know I am a Housekeeper I clean residents suite

Current Employee - Housekeeping in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Housekeeping in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love the residents that reside at sunrise every resident I see and treat as my grandparents and they have moved me in so many ways that I can count.

Cons

The Pay would be a con and the benefits.

just be the best management team that you can be and treat your staff the way you want to be treated.

This Journey Is Not Worth Joining!

Former Employee - Housekeeper in Westlake, OH
    Former Employee - Housekeeper in Westlake, OH

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are many good, hard-working, kind-hearted people employed there, even though they are understaffed and exploited. The best people are run into the ground. They either get better jobs elsewhere or burn out. Most of the people I knew were either working their way through school (not intending to stay) or had lost their former jobs do to the economy (as I had) and landed there.

Cons

It's all about who you are. It's a very clique-y place, and if you fit in you can get away with virtually anything. There are job opportunities but they are reserved for the people in the clique. All the corporation cares about is the census and how many beds they can fill. This facility is an assisted living, but it pretends to be both a hotel and a nursing home. It will promise people anything to get them to move in. They are told the care managers are better than STNAs. If that were true, the care managers would be paid more than STNAs. At my facility they were paid $8.50/hr., the same as the housekeepers.

The premise upon which the corporation was founded is "Join the journey." Rather than tell someone their parents are not coming to get them, we are supposed to play along with the delusion, to humor or distract them. Well, you use it or you lose it. When I am in that position, I don't want people further enabling me down the path to dementia. I want people who will do whatever they can to keep me grounded in reality, to whatever extent that is possible.

Sunrise Senior Living Response

Dec 12, 2013Senior Director Talent Acquisition

We take your comments very seriously as we care deeply about the well-being of our team members and residents. Please contact us at careers@sunriseseniorliving.com with further details.

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living