Sunrise Senior Living

www.sunriseseniorliving.com
  www.sunriseseniorliving.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

I had a wonderful experience at Sunrise!

Former Employee - Executive Director  in  Northville, MI
Former Employee - Executive Director in Northville, MI

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

I met so many wonderful team members that I am honored to have worked with. The residents were all amazing and had wonderful stories. The family members were unbelievably supportive and great to work with.

Cons

I really do not have anything negative to say about my experience. The only slight challenge that I ever faced was the speed at which some things go done. But that was only due to the fact that Sunrise is a large publicly traded company.

Make sure to make your presence felt in the field on the front lines. Keep trying to listen and learn from the feedback you get from the front line team members.

265 Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Will never return

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The residents will change your life. Everything positive about any job at Sunrise concerns the wonderful people who live there.

Cons

I worked at Sunrise for years and at many locations. When I began with the company it was more resident-centered and upper management really cared about nurturing their employees and keeping them in the company. When I left it was because I was heart-broken by the way I was treated, the way my staff and fellow employees were treated, and I no longer felt the care was resident centered. I felt decisions were made based on census and what was financially better for the company. Employees are no longer valued at Sunrise, and the people now running the company are money hungry corporate business men and who see Sunrise as a way to nickle and dime their clients and persecute their employees. There are so many wonderful senior facilities to work at that truly care about their residents and staff. Please consider all options before working for Sunrise. Upper management has become slime car salesmen ever since the original owners stepped down.

Sunrise Senior Living Response

Dec 12, 2013Senior Director Talent Acquisition

We take your comments very seriously as we care deeply about the well-being of our team members and residents. Please contact us at careers@sunriseseniorliving.com with further details.

Care Manager

Current Employee - Care Manager  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Care Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with the precious elderly

Cons

Placement of certain residents is dependent on politics and the wishes of the family, despite what is best for them.

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!