Sunrise Senior Living

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Care Manager

Current Employee - Care Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
Current Employee - Care Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with the precious elderly

Cons

Placement of certain residents is dependent on politics and the wishes of the family, despite what is best for them.

273 Other Employee Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living (View Most Recent)

Bad treatment of employees means bad treatment of residents.

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The residents are wonderful, warm and very appreciative.

Cons

MANAGEMENT!!!! The turn over is one of the highest at Sunrise all due to the management. The employees are treated horribly. The pay is bad, and the way we are treated is bad, which trickles down to how the residents are treated. No one smiles, because no one is happy. I have never worked in a place where employees are treated so bad.

Need to get people in there that care. The pay needs to be better so employees can feel like they are worth something.

overworked and tired!

Former Employee - Care Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Care Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love the residents so much. They kept me going when the job got really hard and stressful. I felt bad when I didn't have time to talk when I knew they were lonely and needed someone.I loved a lot of my co-workers too.

Cons

Management were a bunch of bullies. My coordinator acted like a 16 year old girl and the residents hated her. She did not care about the residents and made them feel bad about changing their mind. She also picked favorites, and they could do no wrong or get in any trouble. She even had me working as a lead once and week with no extra pay, not even a thanks for doing extra work. Some of the co-workers I worked with were hell to work for, especially when I first started. I would often be in their residents room helping out and see them outside smoking and chatting even though you couldn't be on break with other people working in the same area. All coordinators got free meals and the lower employees who worked hard with less pay wasn't allowed to touch anything, not even water. Everyone often snitched on others to get them in trouble and some co-workers did not care to work at all, they made a game out of hide and seek. I worked hard and worked many days in a row without over time. When I asked for days off my boss bullied me saying she didn't have to give them even though I asked for them 2 months ahead of time, I had to say I was going to quit for her to agree to it, not to mention this was discussed in front of all my other co-workers. Very unprofessional.

More respect for employees, they are the back bone to your company and it's not fair to beat them until they are dead. Also, hire MATURE management. I was 22 at the time of working there and I felt like I was more mature. More care for the residents hire more people so get more.

Sunrise Senior Living Response

Dec 12, 2013Senior Director Talent Acquisition

We take your comments very seriously as we care deeply about the well-being of our team members and residents. Please contact us at careers@sunriseseniorliving.com with further details.

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living