Care Manager

Current Employee - Care Manager  in  Grand Rapids, MI
Current Employee - Care Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with the precious elderly

Cons

Placement of certain residents is dependent on politics and the wishes of the family, despite what is best for them.

Other Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

overworked and tired!

Former Employee - Care Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Care Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the residents so much. They kept me going when the job got really hard and stressful. I felt bad when I didn't have time to talk when I knew they were lonely and needed someone.I loved a lot of my co-workers too.

Cons

Management were a bunch of bullies. My coordinator acted like a 16 year old girl and the residents hated her. She did not care about the residents and made them feel bad about changing their mind. She also picked favorites, and they could do no wrong or get in any trouble. She even had me working as a lead once and week with no extra pay, not even a thanks for doing extra work. Some of the co-workers I worked with were hell to work for, especially when I first started. I would often be in their residents room helping out and see them outside smoking and chatting even though you couldn't be on break with other people working in the same area. All coordinators got free meals and the lower employees who worked hard with less pay wasn't allowed to touch anything, not even water. Everyone often snitched on others to get them in trouble and some co-workers did not care to work at all, they made a game out of hide and seek. I worked hard and worked many days in a row without over time. When I asked for days off my boss bullied me saying she didn't have to give them even though I asked for them 2 months ahead of time, I had to say I was going to quit for her to agree to it, not to mention this was discussed in front of all my other co-workers. Very unprofessional.

More respect for employees, they are the back bone to your company and it's not fair to beat them until they are dead. Also, hire MATURE management. I was 22 at the time of working there and I felt like I was more mature. More care for the residents hire more people so get more.

Sunrise Senior Living Response

Dec 12, 2013Senior Director Talent Acquisition

We take your comments very seriously as we care deeply about the well-being of our team members and residents. Please contact us at careers@sunriseseniorliving.com with further details.

Will never return

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The residents will change your life. Everything positive about any job at Sunrise concerns the wonderful people who live there.

Cons

I worked at Sunrise for years and at many locations. When I began with the company it was more resident-centered and upper management really cared about nurturing their employees and keeping them in the company. When I left it was because I was heart-broken by the way I was treated, the way my staff and fellow employees were treated, and I no longer felt the care was resident centered. I felt decisions were made based on census and what was financially better for the company. Employees are no longer valued at Sunrise, and the people now running the company are money hungry corporate business men and who see Sunrise as a way to nickle and dime their clients and persecute their employees. There are so many wonderful senior facilities to work at that truly care about their residents and staff. Please consider all options before working for Sunrise. Upper management has become slime car salesmen ever since the original owners stepped down.

Sunrise Senior Living Response

Dec 12, 2013Senior Director Talent Acquisition

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living.

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!