Inmates run the Asylum

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere. Can be fun at times.

Cons

Corporate culture. Let low level employees hold a lot of power and control. Little chance to improve "bad apples". Allow dysfunction to perpetuate for fear of unionization and lawsuits.

Other Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

Love the residents, not the management

Former Employee - CNA  in  Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - CNA in Omaha, NE

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love the older people that I was working with, they are what makes the place at Sunrise. They do a lot of activities with the residents to keep them busy and overall it's set up really nice.

Cons

They keep employees around that are abusive to residents and just give them a slap on the wrist, but they fired a lady because they said she fell asleep. They have just recently put in pull alarms in the bathrooms for resident safety and camera's in the hallway. It seems like the only reason they have started to improve was because of multiple complaints to the state. Also, employees need to be paid what they deserve, and now I hear they are taking away some of the differential pay for working overnights...not fair.

Management needs to get rid of the people who are a danger to the residents and stop listening only to one shift tattling about another shift. Maybe actually hear both sides before coming down on hard working people and show more appreciation...not just in giving tshirts

Sunrise Senior Living Response

Dec 12, 2013Senior Director Talent Acquisition

We take your comments very seriously as we care deeply about the well-being of our team members and residents. Please contact us at careers@sunriseseniorliving.com with further details.

Gave me the chance to meet some awesome people including Residents and their families.

Former Employee - B O C  in  Prairie Village, Butler, KS
    Former Employee - B O C in Prairie Village, Butler, KS

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The atmosphere is homey and friendly and the Residents are special people.

Cons

Is you lose some special loved ones along the way.

Do not let Corporate come in and do audits and let employees go who for 5 plus years have done an excellent job and all of a sudden they are doing nothing right. You do the math.

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living.

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!