I LOVED working there

Former Employee - Caremanager  in  Willowbrook, IL
Former Employee - Caremanager in Willowbrook, IL

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I love working with the elderly , dementia is a disease that make the elderly forget, yet when I talk to them, a lot of things they say or the retorts be so comical.

Cons

Lifting...ALONE and the resident can't or their deadweight.

Be kind to the staff, like you say that you're kind to the resident.

Other Reviews for Sunrise Senior Living

My specific community seemed great at first and then reality showed its face.

Former Employee - Lead Care Manager  in  Shelby Township, MI
    Former Employee - Lead Care Manager in Shelby Township, MI

I worked at Sunrise Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

The memory care unit at my community was great. The organization has some great insight and ideas for assisting those with dementia. The residents were great!

Cons

My specific community had a great deal of management inappropriateness. It seemed like a wonderful place to work, until you were there long enough to realize the truth behind the facade. The care managers all worked great together, unit a position for Memory Care Director opened and one of the leads was competing for the position. A lot of ruthlessness, betrayal and inappropriate behavior going on between that lead care manager and a member of upper management. It was unfortunate, because I would have loved to stay and grow with the company long term.

Check into each community for problems with management and actually follow up. You have a great organization that should not be tainted by poor leadership. Give employees an actual safe way of reporting certain behavior. Treat your employees well and they will stick with you. I know care jobs are a dime a dozen, but that shouldn't mean people who are good at their jobs and really care about people should be viewed as replaceable...and therefore mistreated and ignored.

hiring

Current Employee - Concierge  in  Henderson, NV
    Current Employee - Concierge in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Sunrise Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

sweet co workers happy all the time a pleasure to work with patient made my day interesting there is never a dull moment

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about this company so far I have no complaints I still have to see how things run around there

There are newer employer reviews for Sunrise Senior Living.

Worked for Sunrise Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!